Ontario will be providing more accessible child care options and lower fees. This includes lowering fees to an average of $10 per day for children under the age of six in licensed child care by September 2025.
The Canada-wide Early Learning and Child Care (CWELCC) system will:
- give families access to more affordable and high-quality child care options
- help lower child care fees for parents of children under the age of six
- increase child care spaces
- support the child care workforce
- support inclusive child care
Licensed child care providers can participate in the CWELCC system to help reduce fees. Licensed child care providers must inform parents about their decision to:
- participate in the CWELCC system and the expected or actual date of application
- not participate in the CWELCC system
If your licensed child care provider does not participate, your fees will not be reduced.
As a parent or guardian of a child under the age of six, you do not need to apply to get a fee reduction.